I know we are all anxious and curious about the start of the school year. GHS has spent much time reading the guidelines and recommendations from the Governor, Commissioner of Education and the CDC, as well as discussed the needs of our students and staff and what we feel we can safely offer for the start of the year. GHS is prepared to offer in person schooling with the recommended guidelines and provisions being enforced. These provisions are listed below. This being said, GHS is also prepared to offer remote learning to students and parents who do not feel comfortable sending their child to school. We are asking that ALL parents review the provisions below for in-school services and then complete the survey, by clicking the link below. At this time, GHS will not be offering a hybrid option so students and parents must select in person or remote.
- All staff and students will be screened first, before entering a school vehicle and second before entering the school building. Should a student not pass the screening questions, they will not be transported to school and will return home until they have been cleared by a doctor to return to school.
- Should a student become sick during the day, the student will be quarantined until a parent can pick them up from school.
- All students will be separated into cohorts of 10 or less that will be maintained throughout the school day. Students may have smaller pods within the cohort to address scheduling needs.
- All meals will be served in the classroom to minimize congregations of large groups.
- Class size will be determined by classroom capacity, based on a minimum distance of 3 ft.
- All Staff will be required to wear a mask. Students will need to wear a mask at least, when social distancing cannot be maintained. GHS will have disposable face masks on hand, if students forget their mask.
- Transportation will continue to be provided in accordance with each student’s IEP. There will be reduced capacity on the bus and students and the drivers will be required to wear a face covering.
Lastly, Please click on the link to complete the google form. Your input is important as we determine how best to meet the needs of our students.
Thank you and Be well~
The Granite Hill School